Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder
by Brava Chef Andrew
~4 hrs 35 min
About this Recipe
Slow-roasted pork is one of my favorite things to cook (and eat!). There are only 2 ingredients in this recipe, but don’t let the simplicity fool you. This tender, fall-off-the-bone tender pork can be flavored after cooking and used in multiple dishes from cuisines around the world. Feeling like carnitas? Just crisp up the pork using Brava’s reheat program and serve with tortillas and salsa. Maybe southern BBQ pulled pork is more of your thing. Just add some dry rub and some sweet, spicy vinegar sauce after cooking and serve with hamburger buns. Or season before cooking with some Brava Pork Rub to give this dish a Tuscan spin. You can certainly season the pork with spices and/or seasoning blends before cooking, but I like to keep it simple and season afterwards. There’s usually some leftover and it’s fun to spice it up and use it for different dishes the next day.
1 pork shoulder or pork butt roast, 3.5 lbs (bone-in or boneless)
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
- Pat pork shoulder dry with paper towels.
- Season all sides with salt, ideally 24 hours in advance.
- Place pork, skin side down in Brava Chef’s Pan and slide, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- When your food is done, rest pork for 20-30 minutes.
- Pull pork into chunks or shreds and add additional seasonings, if desired.
- Transfer pork to platter and serve.