- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red onion (½-inch pieces) (about 1 medium red onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3¾ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together olive oil, red onion, garlic and tomato paste.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove Chef’s Pan after 14 minutes.
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Stir vegetables.
- In the Chef’s Pan, add chicken stock, lentils, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, 1½ teaspoons kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper; stir well.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, covered, into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- When lentils are done cooking, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.