- For the Soup:
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (½-inch pieces) (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 chopped poblano or jalapeño pepper, seeds removed (½-inch pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 can (14.5-15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz) diced fire roasted mild green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips for topping
- Optional Toppings:
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chopped green or red onion
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh avocado
- Sour cream
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava Chef's Pan
blender or food processor
Cook onions, garlic, pepper, and tomato paste
- Add onions, garlic, poblano pepper, tomato paste, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and a generous pinch of kosher salt to Brava Chef’s Pan; stir well.
- Slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove Chef’s Pan after 12 minutes.
Blend soup base in blender
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Press the green button to begin preheating the Brava to 350°F.
- While Brava preheats, add chili powder, cumin, and oregano to onion mixture; stir well. Let sit in the hot Chef’s Pan for 1-2 minutes to bring out stronger spice flavor.
- Carefully transfer all Chef’s Pan ingredients to blender with fire roasted tomatoes, fire roasted green chiles, chicken broth, and few generous pinches of kosher salt.
- Blend until smooth. Season to taste with more salt as needed.
Add remaining ingredients and finish cooking
- Transfer soup to Chef’s Pan.
- Add shredded chicken, black beans, and corn to soup; stir well.
- Once Brava notifies you, slide Chef’s Pan, covered, into top shelf. Press green button to finish cooking.
Finish & Serve
- When your food is done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Remove Chef’s Pan lid, ladle soup into bowls, and top with tortilla strips and other desired toppings.