- For the dough:
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons rapid rise instant yeast (¼ oz packet)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup whole milk, warmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For the filling:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk, plus more as needed to thin out
- Optional: ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
medium mixing bowls
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In a large mixing bowl (or in stand mixer with dough hook attachment) gently mix flour, granulated sugar, instant yeast, and salt. Add milk, melted butter, and egg, and fold ingredients until the mixture comes together. The dough should easily form a ball and be slightly sticky, but won’t stick to clean, dry hands.
Knead the dough & prepare the filling
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth - about 5 minutes if kneading by hand. If using stand mixer, knead dough on low speed until smooth.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or dish towel, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, in small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until evenly incorporated and set aside.
Roll dough & shape cinnamon rolls
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large rectangle, about 14” x 12”.
- Evenly spread the cinnamon sugar filling mixture all overdough.
- Starting on one of the longer sides, tightly roll up the dough into a log shape.
- Slice into even sized rolls, about 9-12 rolls depending on how thin you rolled out the dough. Arrange rolls in greased Brava Chef’s Pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place Chef’s Pan in warm area and let rise let rise for about 1½ to 2 hours, or until it doubles in size. *If you prepare the dough at night and plan to bake the cinnamon rolls the next morning, place Chef’s Pan covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator overnight for 8-12 hours. In the morning, remove Chef’s Pan from refrigerator and leave warm area in your kitchen and let rise for about 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the rolls double in size.
- When dough has doubled in size, remove plastic wrap.
Bake & make frosting
- Select “Cinnamon Rolls” on your touchscreen and press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- While cinnamon rolls bake, prepare frosting.
- In mixing bowl; stir together powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream or milk, and vanilla extract (if using) until smooth. Add more heavy cream for a thinner frosting.
Frost & serve
- When cinnamon rolls are done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava and let cool for several minutes.
- Frost the warm cinnamon rolls with prepared cream cheese frosting and serve.