Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
by Brava Chef Annie
About this Recipe
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip—say that five times fast! Make this classic appetizer on game day or anytime you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing side dish. While there are many variations of spinach and artichoke dip, this recipe is served warm with crispy golden brown bits on top. Pro tip: finely chop the artichokes to ensure you get a taste in every bite. It balances the creaminess and hint of sharpness from the cheese. Serve with crackers, toasted baguette slices, or crudites.
3 tablespoons melted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
1½ cups chopped yellow onion (¼-inch pieces)
4 garlic clove, minced
1 (14 oz) can or jar artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped (¼-inch pieces)
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed of excess liquid
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
½ cup grated cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
⅓ cup whole milk, half and half or heavy cream
Pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne (optional)
Crackers, chips, baguette slices, and/or crudites for serving
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava square pan
Cook onions & garlic
- In Brava square pan stir together onions, garlic, melted butter or olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt; stir well.
- Slide square pan into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove square pan after 5 minutes.
Prepare spinach and artichoke dip mixture
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove square pan. Press green button to begin preheating to 400°F (keep the Brava chamber empty during this step).
- While Brava preheats, add onion mixture to mixing bowl with artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, sour cream, Parmigiano-Reggiano, cheddar, whole milk, red pepper flakes or cayenne (if using) and a few pinches of salt and pepper; stir well.
- Transfer mixture to Brava Square Pan.
- Once Brava notifies you, slide Brava Square Pan into top shelf. Press green button to finish cooking.
Finish & Serve
- When your food is done, add a top sear step for more browning on top, if desired. Serve with baguette slices, crackers, chips, or crudites.