- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Coarse sugar (turbinado, demerara) or granulated sugar, for rolling (about ¼ cup)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
parchment paper (optional)
electric hand or stand mixer (optional)
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep cookie dough
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment or in large bowl with wooden spoon or hand mixer, combine butter, molasses, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Add about ⅔ flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well.
- Add crystallized ginger and remaining flour mixture and mix well. Continue to mix for 30 seconds to thoroughly blend dough.
- For best results, chill dough for at least 2 hours before portioning.
- Line Brava metal tray with parchment paper, if desired.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons dough per cookie. Using hands, roll dough into balls.
- Roll dough balls in coarse sugar.
- Place cookies 3-4 inches apart in each zone of Brava metal tray (total of 5-6 cookies).
Preheat Brava, then bake cookies
- Select “Ginger Molasses Cookies” on Brava’s touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
- When done, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- When tray is cool enough to handle, wipe it down. Preheat Brava again to 350° before baking additional batches of cookies.
- Any leftover cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.