- 1½ lbs ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef (use ground chuck for best flavor)
- ⅓ cup whole-milk ricotta
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons tomato paste
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 28 oz red sauce (Rao’s Homemade Marinara) or canned crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- ⅓ cup fresh basil for cooking, plus more for serving
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Black pepper
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Make meatball mixture, shape, and arrange in Chef’s Pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ground pork, ground beef, ricotta, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, tomato paste, salt, oregano, fennel, and garlic powder by hand until mixture comes together. Gently mix just until ingredients are incorporated, do not overmix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Portion and shape meatballs, each a bit larger than a golf ball, and arrange in Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Select “Meatballs and Red Sauce” on Brava’s touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press the green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove Chef’s Pan after 12 minutes.
Top meatballs with red sauce and basil and continue cooking
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan. Press the green button to begin preheating (keep Brava chamber empty during this step).
- While Brava preheats to 325F, cover meatballs with red sauce, fresh basil, a pinch of kosher salt, and pinch of red chili flakes if using.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to finish cooking.
Finish and serve
- When your food is done, serve meatballs and red sauce in bowls with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, more fresh basil, freshly cracked black pepper, and pinch of red chili flakes if using.