Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
by Brava Chef Annie
About this Recipe
Cauliflower continues to prove its versatility. We’ve seen it as a swap for rice, in pizza crusts, and it’s about to be the biggest hit on your table in this Cheesy Cauliflower Mash. Chef Annie likes to use cauliflower in place of the usual potato here because it’s fibrous, nutritious, and it becomes really creamy and smooth once it’s cooked down. Serve with cheese, butter, and fresh chives to pull it all together. Chef Annie uses grated sharp white cheddar cheese here but feel free to swap in grated Parmesan. This recipe happens to be keto friendly, gluten free, and low carb.
2½ lbs cauliflower florets
3 large cloves garlic, smashed
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup whole milk
1 cup grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh chives for serving
More grated cheddar and butter for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
blender, food processor, or potato masher
- Select “Cheesy Cauliflower Mash” on Brava’s touchscreen and press green button to begin preheating. (keep Brava chamber empty during this step).
- While Brava preheats to 400°F, add cauliflower florets, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, garlic, whole milk, and generous pinches of kosher salt to the Brava Chef’s Pan. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients, and cover with lid.
- Once Brava preheats, slide Chef's Pan, covered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- When your food is done, carefully use a ladle to transfer cooked cauliflower and garlic from Chef’s Pan to blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. You can also do this by hand with a handheld potato masher or fork. Gradually ladle in milk from Chef's Pan as needed. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer to serving bowl. While still warm, fold in grated sharp white cheddar cheese. Add more butter, cheese, and salt as needed for a richer flavor.
- Top with chives and freshly cracked black pepper and serve.