Slow Cooked Chicken Soup
by Brava Chef Annie
~4 hr 10 min
About this Recipe
Chicken soup is a must-have recipe. It’s warming on a crisp night, healing when you’re feeling sick, and it couldn’t be simpler to make in the Brava. This Slow Cooked Chicken Soup recipe has all of the elements of the classic: chicken, broth, carrots, celery, aromatic onions, garlic, and herbs. The best part? Everything comes together at the press of a button in the Chef’s Pan. When cooler temperatures roll around, cozy up with a bowl of this soup in front of a crackling fire. Add quick cooking noodles towards the end of the cooking process if desired. Serve with your favorite herbs and buttery toast.
1½ lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
5 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced celery (about 3 ribs celery)
1 cup diced carrots (about 2 carrots)
1 medium sized yellow onion, quartered
4 garlic cloves, smashed
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper or whole peppercorns wrapped in cheesecloth
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
Lemon for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil or butter - optional
Brava Chef's Pan
Place ingredients in Chef's Pan
- Place chicken thighs, broth, diced celery, diced carrots, quartered onion, smashed garlic, fresh thyme, bay leaf, pepper, and salt in Brava Chef’s Pan and cover with lid.
- Slide covered Chef’s Pan onto the top shelf.
- Select “Slow Cooked Chicken Soup” on your Brava’s touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press the green button to begin cooking.
Finish & Serve
- When soup is done cooking, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Remove and discard bay leaf, large pieces of onion and garlic, thyme sprigs, and peppercorns in cheesecloth if using.
- Transfer cooked chicken pieces to cutting board, remove and discard skin and pieces of bone. Shred chicken with utensils and return to Chef’s Pan.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with fresh parsley, dill, toasted bread with butter, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.