- 1½ lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 ribs celery)
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper or whole peppercorns wrapped in cheesecloth
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Lemon for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil or butter - optional
Brava Chef's Pan
Place ingredients in Chef's Pan
- Place chicken thighs, broth, diced celery, diced carrots, quartered onion, smashed garlic, fresh thyme, bay leaf, pepper, and salt in Brava Chef’s Pan and cover with lid.
- Slide covered Chef’s Pan onto the top shelf.
- Select “Slow Cooked Chicken Soup” on your Brava’s touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press the green button to begin cooking.
Finish & Serve
- When soup is done cooking, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Remove and discard bay leaf, large pieces of onion and garlic, thyme sprigs, and peppercorns in cheesecloth if using.
- Transfer cooked chicken pieces to cutting board, remove and discard skin and pieces of bone. Shred chicken with utensils and return to Chef’s Pan.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with fresh parsley, dill, toasted bread with butter, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.