- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained and picked over for shells
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (white parts only, from about 4 green onions)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest of 2 Meyer or regular lemons
- Juice of ½ Meyer or regular lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Shellfish, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep crab cake mixture
- In medium bowl, stir together crabmeat, green onions, egg, 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup of the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, half of lemon zest and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
Form crab cakes
- Using your hands, form crab cake mixture into patties ¾ inch thick and 1½ inches wide. You should have about 24 crab cakes.
- Put remaining panko bread crumbs on a plate or shallow bowl; coat crab cakes on all sides with bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate crab cakes for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- While crab cakes are refrigerated, prepare aioli.
Make Meyer lemon aioli
- In small bowl, stir together remaining ½ cup mayonnaise, remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, chives and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate aioli until ready to serve.
Cook crab cakes
- Evenly spread a few tablespoons cooking oil on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Place 12 crab cakes, evenly spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray (4 per zone).
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Crab Cakes” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, transfer crab cakes to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired, and serve Meyer lemon aioli on the side.
- Before cooking remaining crab cakes, let metal tray and Brava cool for about 10 minutes before proceeding.