- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (use 1 teaspoon for a less spicy option)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 spatchcocked chicken (3-4 lbs)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
resealable plastic bag (1 gallon)
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, granulated garlic, smoked paprika and Italian seasoning, if using; stir well.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over chicken.
- Using your hands, rub all over to evenly coat chicken with marinade.
- Marinate chicken, refrigerated, up to 4 hours.
- After marinating, place chicken, skin side up, on Brava metal tray, with legs pointing toward right side of tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Chicken alla Diavola” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through thickest part of chicken breast toward breastbone. It’s okay if TempSensor tip touches breastbone.
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to cutting board and cut into quarters, separating legs and cutting breast in half down the middle.