About this Recipe
Brava Chicken Fajitas are going to be a hit in your household. They are loaded with peppers and onions, and tossed with our Brava Mexican Spice Rub before cooking for a flavor that’s reminiscent of your favorite Mexican restaurant. Chef Annie loves the combination of red onion, poblano pepper, and red bell pepper - but use what you have! Enjoy in warm tortillas, a grain bowl with guacamole, or even on top of a salad. For best results, Chef Annie uses the Brava Mexican Spice Rub to season the ingredients before cooking. If you don’t have the spice rub on hand, no problem - we’ve provided the amounts needed below. Once everything is cooked, add a few more pinches of the Mexican spice rub and toss ingredients for a bolder flavor. Omit the flour tortillas or swap in your favorite healthified tortilla brand to make this paleo, gluten free, and keto friendly.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 ½ cups sliced onions and bell peppers (¼-inch-thick slices)
1 ½ tablespoons of Brava Mexican Spice Rub
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
4-6 6” flour tortillas
Brava Mexican Spice Rub Ingredients:
1 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
1 ¼ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
Prep spice mixture
- If you have the Brava Mexican Spice Rub on hand, skip this step. If not, in small bowl, stir together salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin.
Prep chicken & vegetables
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of chicken liberally with spice mixture.
- Place chicken in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray with thickest portion on left side.
- In mixing bowl, toss onions and peppers with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the spice mixture.
- Evenly spread onions and peppers in Zones 2 and 3 of metal tray.
Cook chicken, onions, & peppers
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Chicken Fajitas” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken breast.
- While food cooks, warm tortillas, slice limes, and chop cilantro.
Slice chicken & serve
- When your food is done, cut chicken crosswise into slices.
- Transfer chicken back onto the metal tray with onions and peppers, add fresh lime juice and cilantro, and toss all ingredients to evenly coat, seasoning to taste. If desired, add a few more pinches of the Brava Mexican Spice Rub for a bolder flavor.
- Serve in warmed tortillas.