- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1¾ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 2½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of ½ orange
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Soy, Wheat (Gluten)
- In small bowl, stir together ⅓ cup cornstarch and a pinch of salt.
- Toss chicken in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Evenly spread 2 tablespoons cooking oil on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Place chicken on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Orange Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook sesame oil and garlic until garlic begins to brown, about 90 seconds. Stir in orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ¼ cup water, and orange zest; mix well.
- Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil. Simmer for ~1-2 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
Toss together and serve
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to medium bowl; add sauce and toss well. Top with green onions and serve.