- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick), preferably from country-style loaf or batard (not baguette)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit for serving (optional)
- Chopped pecans or almonds for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- Set out 2 teaspoons butter to soften for 15–30 minutes.
- If you prefer classic French toast, omit poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, egg yolk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, poppy seeds, lemon zest and ½ teaspoon salt.
Soak bread in custard
- Pour custard mixture into baking sheet. Place bread slices in custard and soak for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip and soak for 30 seconds more.
- While bread soaks, evenly spread softened butter on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
Bake French Toast
- Remove bread slices from custard, letting excess drip off, and place slices, evenly spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, transfer French toast to individual plates.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and, if desired, top with fresh fruit and/or pecans or almonds.