- 1 lb butter (preferably grass-fed like Kerrygold®)
From Your Pantry
Brava loaf pan
glass mason jar or other glass jar with tightly-fitting lid
- Place butter in Brava loaf pan.
- You do not need to cut butter into small pieces.
- Slide loaf pan into top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
- When your ghee is done, allow to rest in Brava for at least 1 hour, preferably 2 hours. This allows milk solids to settle and ghee to cool to a safe handling temperature.
- It’s normal to see darker milk solids at the bottom and lighter milk solids floating on top.
- Slowly strain ghee into glass jar, leaving as much of milk solids in pan as possible.
- Cover tightly with lid and store refrigerated or at room temperature.