About this Recipe
You can now cook rice in your Brava! This rice pilaf was inspired by Brava Chef Erin’s recipe for the perfect stovetop rice pilaf, but is now much easier to make. This recipe uses less than the traditional rice to water ratio in order to keep the rice grains fluffy, as well as yogurt and garlic to pack in flavor.
2 cups basmati rice
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons whole milk Greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
- In fine-mesh strainer rinse rice under running water until water runs clear. This should take 2-3 minutes. Drain rice well.
- Smash garlic cloves with back of knife.
- In medium bowl stir together rice, butter, yogurt, garlic, bay leaf, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Spread rice mixture evenly in Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Measure out 2 ¼ cups water and pour over rice mixture. Stir gently, making sure all rice grains are submerged.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, covered, into top shelf.
- Select “Rice Pilaf” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
Finish & serve
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Fluff rice with fork and serve.