- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (½ lb) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
From Your Pantry
butter (at room temperature) or nonstick cooking spray
Brava metal tray
stand mixer (optional)
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep cookie dough
- Pro Tip: Leave butter and eggs at room temperature for 1 hour before beginning. This will soften butter for easy mixing and ensure more even distribution of eggs in the dough.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment or in large bowl with wooden spoon, combine butter and sugar; mix until creamy and well incorporated.
- Add egg, almond extract and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; mix for 30 seconds to thoroughly blend dough.
- Divide dough in half, shape into compact discs and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Lightly butter or spray Brava metal tray.
- Unwrap dough disc and place onto lightly floured surface.
- Pro Tip: Lightly flour rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters and transfer to metal tray. If using 3-inch cutter, 6 cookies will fit on metal tray.
Preheat oven, then bake cookies
- Select “Sugar Cookies” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool before serving.
- When metal tray is cool enough to handle, wipe it out before baking additional batches of cookies.
- Any leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2–3 days.