- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb ground beef, preferably 90% lean
- ½ lb ground lamb (or an additional ½ lb beef if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava metal tray
fine cheese grater or Microplane® zester
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In medium bowl, combine half of garlic, ground beef, ground lamb, eggs, bread crumbs, paprika, turmeric, sumac, cinnamon, cayenne and 2 teaspoons salt. Using your hands or a spoon, mix ingredients until just evenly incorporated; do not overmix.
- Using your hands, form lamb mixture into 2-oz balls, each a little smaller than a golf ball. You should have about 15 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
Slide metal tray into top oven shelf
- Select “Beef and Lamb Meatballs” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare herb yogurt.
Make herb yogurt
- In small bowl, stir together yogurt, mint, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, remaining garlic and a pinch of salt.
- When your food is done, spread about 2 tablespoons herb yogurt on a serving platter. Top with meatballs.
- Drizzle meatballs and yogurt with a few tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Serve remaining yogurt on the side.