Spicy jalapeño salt
Yields 1 cocktail & ¼ cup jalapeño salt
~6 hrs 10 min
About this Recipe
It’s hard to beat a classic margarita, but we’re making the case with the addition of jalapeño salt. A little spicy, tart, and sweet, this recipe is a new favorite. We dehydrate jalapeños in the Brava, then blend and mix with salt. The jalapeño salt keeps well in the pantry for up to a year and makes a fun addition to margaritas, spice rubs and marinades. You’ll want to remove the jalapeño seeds before dehydrating - we tested with seeds included and our spice-loving chefs couldn’t handle the heat! If that’s your thing, wear gloves and goggles while handling the jalapeños. When 5 o’clock rolls around, add the jalapeño salt to the rim of a chilled glass, pour your margarita and enjoy!
For the jalapeño salt:
2 tablespoons kosher salt
For the margarita:
1 oz agave nectar or simple syrup
1½ oz fresh lime juice
2 ounces tequila blanco, chilled
Additional lime wedges for serving
From Your Pantry
Brava glass tray
Spice grinder, small blender or mini food processor
Make jalapeño salt
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise, scoop out seeds and membrane, and slice into ¼” half moons.
- Evenly spread jalapeños on Brava glass tray.
- Slide glass tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Classic Margarita” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, cool jalapeños to room temperature.
- Grind or blend jalapeños in a spice grinder, small blender or mini food processor until you have a coarse powder mixture.
- Add dehydrated jalapeños to small bowl, and mix in salt. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Run lime wedge over rim of glass and dip glass in jalapeño salt mixture.
- Fill margarita glass with ice.
- In cocktail shaker, combine agave, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice; shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, strain and pour into glass.
- Garnish with lime and serve.