- For the jalapeño salt:
- 9 jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- For the margarita:
- 1 oz agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1½ oz fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila blanco, chilled
- Additional lime wedges for serving
From Your Pantry
Brava glass tray
Spice grinder, small blender or mini food processor
Make jalapeño salt
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise, scoop out seeds and membrane, and slice into ¼” half moons.
- Evenly spread jalapeños on Brava glass tray.
- Slide glass tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Classic Margarita” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, cool jalapeños to room temperature.
- Grind or blend jalapeños in a spice grinder, small blender or mini food processor until you have a coarse powder mixture.
- Add dehydrated jalapeños to small bowl, and mix in salt. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Run lime wedge over rim of glass and dip glass in jalapeño salt mixture.
- Fill margarita glass with ice.
- In cocktail shaker, combine agave, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice; shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, strain and pour into glass.
- Garnish with lime and serve.