- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick (¼ lb) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
From Your Pantry
cooking spray or softened butter
Brava egg tray
stand mixer (optional)
Allergens: Soy, Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and sugar; whisk well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Add flour; whisk well. Mixture will be grainy.
Beat egg whites and finish batter
- In medium bowl (or stand mixer) whisk egg whites and a pinch of kosher salt until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about a quarter of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten batter.
- Fold remaining egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Lightly spray wells of Brava egg tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Ladle about ½ cup batter into each well.
- Slide egg tray into top shelf.
- Select “Molten Chocolate Cakes” on touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, carefully remove egg tray and rest for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, using a spoon, gently scoop out cakes and transfer to individual plates.
- Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or other favorite toppings.
- Remaining batter may be kept refrigerated for a few hours.