- 1 NY strip steak (1 inch thick or less)
From Your Pantry
butter or cooking oil (optional)
kosher salt and pepper
Brava metal tray
- Steak should be very cold - ideal starting temperature is 35°F. Do not let steak sit at room temperature before cooking.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf and follow instructions.
- Note: You will flip steak after 5 minutes and 5 seconds.
- Once Brava notifies you, flip steak and return metal tray to bottom shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- Steak should be cooked to medium rare, slice within 2-3 minutes to maintain doneness.