Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
by Chef George Duran
Serving Size 4
About this Recipe
Chef George Duran loves to marinate his Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar for about an hour before roasting. However, feel free to skip this step if you’re short on time! Balsamic vinegar adds sweetness and acidity to this dish, which complements the smoky flavors from the bacon. Using frozen pearl onions saves you a ton of time because you don’t have to peel them. It’s okay to omit the pearl onions if you don’t have them on hand. If you don’t like bacon, feel free to omit that, too.
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
3 slices bacon, finely chopped
1 cup frozen pearl onions
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Prep Brussels sprouts
- In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, thyme, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Rest at room temperature for 1 hour, if desired.
- In same bowl add bacon and pearl onions; stir well.
- Evenly spread Brussels sprouts in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
Cook Brussels sprouts
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, transfer Brussels sprouts to serving platter and serve.