- For the spiced pear nectar:
- 2 roasting pears (preferably Anjou or Bosc)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- For the cocktail:
- 2 oz gin
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1½ oz spiced pear nectar
- 1 egg white
- 1 oz club soda
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
blender or food processor
- Remove core from pears.
- Cut pears into 1-inch wedges.
- In medium bowl, toss together pears, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Spread pears cut side down, evenly in Zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Spiced Pear Gin Fizz” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, cool pears to room temperature.
Make pear nectar
- Add pears, sugar and 1 cup water to blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add gin, lemon juice, pear nectar and egg white to cocktail shaker. Cover and dry shake (without ice) for 10 seconds.
- Fill shaker with ice, cover and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into fizz glass and top with club soda.