- 1 russet potato, washed with skin on (about 12 oz)
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Apple sauce for serving
- Sour cream for serving
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Grate potato and onion
- Grate potato and onion using a coarse grater.
- Place grated potato and onion in center of clean kitchen towel (or double layered paper towel). Using both hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. You should have about 2 cups of grated potato and onion.
- Transfer potato and onion to a medium bowl.
- In same bowl, add egg, flour, 2 tablespoons cooking oil and ½ teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Evenly drizzle ¼ cup cooking oil on Brava metal tray.
- Place 9 piles, evenly spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Using your fingers, pat down and spread each pile into a thin layer, making sure latkes don’t touch each other. You will have 3 rows of 3 latkes.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Crispy Latkes” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Note: You will flip the latkes after 9 minutes.
- When your food is done, transfer latkes to a serving platter.
- Serve with apple sauce and sour cream on the side.