- 1 medium butternut squash or pumpkin, halved and seeded
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 slices cheese (Swiss, Gruyère, Jarlsberg, Cheddar or your favorite sliced cheese)
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten), Milk
- Rub one half of squash with extra-virgin olive oil and a few pinches kosher salt. Save other squash half for another use.
- Place squash, cut side down, in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Select “Butternut Squash”, “Halves”, “1 Half” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
Make pumpkin puree
- When your food is done, cool squash for a few minutes. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh.
- In medium bowl, combine squash, a pinch of kosher salt, honey or maple syrup (if using) and pumpkin pie spice. Mash with a fork until ingredients are evenly incorporated and slightly chunky. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin mixture and 2 slices cheese for each sandwich. Spread pumpkin on 1 slice of bread, top with cheese and close sandwich(es) with other bread slice(s).
- Spread butter on both sides of sandwich(es).
- Fill zone(s) on metal tray according to quantity.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Pumpkin Grilled Cheese” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, transfer sandwiches to individual plates.
- Serve warm.