Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Butternut Squash
by Chef George Duran
Serving Size 8
~1 hr 10 min
1 medium butternut squash, halved and seeded
1 (10 oz) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or your favorite cheese (gruyere or Swiss are also great)
½ cup cream cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
- Using a spoon, scoop out some flesh from neck of squash halves. You should have a trough about ¾-inch deep in center of each squash neck.
- In medium bowl combine spinach, cheese, cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder and thyme and a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Using a spoon, evenly fill squash halves with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with red pepper flakes.
- Place squash halves, cut side up, on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- Check squash after 1 hour. It should be tender. If not, continue baking at 400°F for 15 minutes more.
- When your food is done, carefully remove tray and cool squash for 5 minutes.
- Transfer squash to serving platter and serve warm.