- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ½ oz fresh cilantro
- 6 oz coleslaw mix
- 2 limes
- 4 organic yellow corn tortillas
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 oz shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava metal tray
Brava glass tray
700 calories per serving
Allergens: Milk, Wheat (Gluten)
- In small bowl, stir together chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and a pinch of salt.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season chicken on both sides with spice mixture.
- Place chicken in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray. Make sure thickest chicken thigh is on left side of Zone 2.
- Let stand while you prepare coleslaw.
- Remove jalapeño stem, halve jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds. Thinly slice half of jalapeño for coleslaw; finely chop half and set aside for pico de gallo. Use less if you don’t like it spicy.
- Chop half of cilantro (stems are delicious, too!). Save remaining cilantro for pico de gallo.
- In medium bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, sliced jalapeño, chopped cilantro, juice of ½ lime, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Stack corn tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in center of Brava glass tray.
Slide metal tray into top shelf and glass tray into bottom shelf
- Select “Classic Chicken Tacos” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare pico de gallo.
Make pico de gallo
- Peel and cut one-fourth of onion into ¼-inch dice. You will have three-fourths onion left over.
- Cut tomato into ¼-inch dice.
- Chop remaining cilantro.
- In small bowl, stir together diced onion, tomato, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, juice of ½ lime and a pinch of salt.
Assemble tacos & serve
- When your food is done, cut chicken into thin strips.
- Place tortillas on individual plates and top with chicken, pico de gallo and Monterey Jack.
- Halve avocado, remove pit and scoop a few thin pieces onto each taco. You may have some avocado left over.
- Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- Serve tacos with coleslaw, lime wedges and sour cream.