Butternut Squash Gratin
Gruyère, sage and breadcrumbs
~1 hr 10 min
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise (⅛-inch thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Cook onion and garlic
- Add onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Press green button begin cooking.
- Note: You will add additional ingredients after 8 minutes.
Assemble gratin and bake
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven.
- Add squash, sage, cream and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- Note: You will add breadcrumbs after 30 minutes.
- While gratin is baking, in a mixing bowl combine Gruyère, breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
Finish and Serve
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven. Top gratin with breadcrumb mixture.
- Carefully slide Chef’s Pan uncovered into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- When your food is done, let gratin rest for 5 minutes, then serve.