Butternut Squash Gratin
Gruyere, sage and breadcrumbs
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise (⅛-inch thick slices)
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons cooking oil
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Cook onion and garlic
- Add onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top oven shelf.
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones top, set timer for 8 minutes and press green button to cook for 8 minutes.
Assemble gratin and bake
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven.
- Select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 350°F. Press green button to begin preheating.
- Add squash, sage, cream and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- When oven is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered into top oven shelf. Press green button again to begin baking and set timer for 30 minutes.
- While gratin is baking in a mixing bowl combine gruyere, breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
Finish and Serve
- After 30 minutes carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven. Top gratin with breadcrumb mixture.
- Carefully slide Chef’s Pan uncovered into top oven shelf. Press green button again to continue baking. Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When your food is done, let gratin rest for 5 minutes, then serve.