Butternut Squash Steaks with Sage Brown Butter
Sage and garlic brown butter
Serving Size 2
1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
5-7 fresh sage leaves
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
- Cut neck off of squash; the base can be saved for another use. Remove stem and peel neck. Cut neck lengthwise into ¾"-thick steaks (about 6 oz per steak).
- In small bowl, combine butternut squash, 2 tablespoons oil and a pinch of salt and pepper; mix well.
- Evenly place squash in all zones of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Butternut Squash Steaks” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare sage brown butter.
Make sage brown butter
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add sage and garlic. Cook until butter is no longer bubbling, smells nutty, and is beginning to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn butter or garlic. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice; season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When your food is done transfer squash steaks to plates.
- Spoon brown butter over squash and serve.