Butternut Squash-Infused Bourbon
Serving Size 4
About this Recipe
Celebrate the Fall season with an infused cocktail. We infuse bourbon with sweet roasted butternut squash and hint of cinnamon and sugar. This versatile spirit is a great base for a Manhattan, old fashioned or any whiskey cocktail. The options are limitless, so just let your creativity guide you! This recipe also works well with rye or Irish whiskey.
1 cup chopped butternut squash (½-inch pieces)
¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of kosher salt
1½ cups bourbon
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
glass mason jar or other glass jar with tightly-fitting lid
Roast butternut squash
- In a bowl, toss together butternut squash with sugar, cinnamon, kosher salt and ½ teaspoon cooking oil.
- Spread squash in even layer across in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Butternut-Squash-Infused Bourbon” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, cool butternut squash to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled squash to a clean mason jar. Pour bourbon over squash and screw lid tightly. Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
- Strain bourbon through mesh strainer. Do not press down on the solids.
- Store infused bourbon, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.