- 1 cup sliced red onion (½ -inch-thick slices)
- 1 skirt steak (12-14 oz)
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- ½ cup sundried tomato aioli
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- For the Sundried Tomato Aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pureed sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep onion & steak
- In medium bowl, toss together red onion, ½ teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread onion in Zones 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season steak on both sides with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Place steak lengthwise in Zone 1 of metal tray.
Cook onion & steak
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Open Faced Steak Sandwich” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare bread, aioli, and arugula.
Prep Sundried Tomato Aioli
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sundried tomatoes, vinegar, and a pinch of salt, stir well.
Prep bread & vinaigrette
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise.
- Evenly spread aioli on each half.
- In a bowl, combine cider vinegar and whole grain mustard.
Slice steak, finish sandwich & serve
- Transfer onion to bowl with vinaigrette; toss and let stand while slicing steak.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- Arrange steak on bread.
- Using fork, remove onion from vinaigrette and place over steak.
- Add arugula with a pinch of flaky sea salt and pepper to bowl of vinaigrette and toss well.
- Arrange arugula over onions. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Cut into slices and serve.