- ¾ cup whole wheat couscous
- 9-12 ripe tomatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped yellow zucchini (½-inch pieces)
- ½ cup fontina, diced (½-inch pieces)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
small saucepan with lid
Allergens: Tree nuts, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
- In small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Immediately add couscous and stir to combine. Cover with tight-fitting lid and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- When couscous is finished fluff with a fork.
Prep tomatoes and vegetables
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out inside of tomatoes; reserve scooped out tomato flesh in a bowl.
- In same bowl, combine tomato flesh, shallots, garlic, zucchini, fontina, green onions, couscous and a few pinches of salt and pepper; stir well.
- In a separate bowl stir together panko and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Fill each tomato with couscous mixture and top with bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up in Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- Once preheated, slide Chef’s Pan into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer to serving platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle each tomato with a glug of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.