- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (about 14 oz), thawed
- 1 egg
- ½ package garlic and herb Boursin cheese, softened
- 3 sliced tomatoes (½-inch slices)
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, optional
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep puff pastry & egg wash
- Roll out puff pastry to 11-inch by 8-inch rectangle; place on Brava metal tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over pastry, leaving 1-inch border around the edge.
- In small bowl, combine egg and a pinch of salt; beat with fork until blended. Let stand at room temperature.
- Using pastry brush, brush border of pastry with egg wash.
- Freeze pastry for 20 minutes.
- Spread herbed cheese in even layer on pastry.
- Place slices of tomato in even layer over cheese.
- Season tomatoes with 2 pinches salt and black pepper.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When food is done, crust should be golden brown and tomatoes slightly browned and tender. If not, bake 5–10 minutes more.
Slice & serve
- When your food is done, cool galette on tray for 10 minutes before serving. Be sure to slice galette on cutting board, not on metal tray.
- Cut galette into slices.
- Top with torn basil leaves, if desired.