Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Fennel, artichokes and olives
Serving Size 2
1 cleaned, trimmed and sliced fennel bulb (½-inch slices)
1 cup pitted olives
6 oz marinated artichoke hearts, strained
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Piment d’Espelette or paprika (optional)
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
¼ teaspoon dried basil
4 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 head Boston lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 shallot, thinly sliced
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
Prep vegetables & chicken
- In a medium bowl, toss together fennel, olives, artichoke hearts, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Evenly spread vegetables in Zone 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides with a pinch of kosher salt and piment pepper, if using.
- Place chicken in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray. Make sure thickest chicken breast is on left side of Zone 1.
Roast vegetables & chicken
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Mediterranean Chicken Salad” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken breast.
- While food cooks, prep salad.
Prep dressing and salad
- In a small bowl whisk together the champagne vinegar, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, basil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- In a large bowl combine Boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes and shallots.
Finish & serve
- Dress lettuce with three-fourths of vinaigrette; divide between 2 plates.
- Dress roasted vegetables with remaining vinaigrette.
- Cut chicken crosswise into slices and place next to salad and roasted vegetables.
- Finish chicken with flaky sea salt, if desired.