- 1 onion, sliced into ¼-½ inch rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups panko or breadcrumbs
- Ketchup or ranch for serving
From Your Pantry
Brava glass tray
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten), Milk
- In first bowl or shallow dish, stir together flour, paprika and 2 teaspoons salt.
- In second bowl, combine buttermilk and eggs; whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add half of flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; whisk until smooth and thickened.
- In third bowl, combine panko, 2 tablespoons oil and 2 teaspoons salt; stir well, breaking up any lumps.
Prep onion rings
- Add onion rings to bowl with seasoned flour mixture and coat evenly; shake off excess.
- Dip onion rings into buttermilk batter and coat evenly; shake off excess.
- Dip onion rings in panko mixture. Using your hands, gently press breading into onion rings to ensure it adheres.
Cook onion rings
- Evenly spread onion rings in a single layer in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray.
- Slide glass tray into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will flip onion rings after 7 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove glass tray and flip onion rings.
- Return glass tray to top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- When your food is done serve with ketchup, ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.