BBQ Baby Back Ribs
~2 hr 30 min
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 rack pork baby back ribs (2-3 lbs)
1 cup barbecue sauce
From Your Pantry
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
- For best results, season ribs at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before cooking.
- In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, chili powder and dry mustard.
- Cut rib rack in half.
- Rub BBQ seasoning all over ribs, wrap tightly in foil and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and place in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray. Do not remove foil.
- Select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 250°F and timer for 2 hours. Press green button to begin preheating.
- When oven is preheated, slide metal tray into bottom oven shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove metal tray from oven and check ribs. Meat should easily pull from bones when pierced with a fork. If they are not yet tender, bake for 30 minutes more.
- Open foil and brush ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Slide tray into bottom oven shelf.
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones top, set timer for 3 minutes and press green button to cook for 3 minutes.
Slice ribs & serve
- When your food is done, transfer ribs to cutting board and slice between bones.
- Serve with barbecue sauce on the side, if desired.