Smokey Chicken, Sausage and Corn
~1hr 15 min
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1¼ lb)
3 cups chopped red bell peppers (1-inch pieces) (about 2 peppers)
3 cups chopped leeks (white part only) or yellow onions (1-inch pieces)
4 cloves garlic
2 ears of corn, each cut into 4 small pieces
½ cup chicken stock
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 smoked sausages, casing removed, cut into 1” pieces
3 tablespoons smoked paprika
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Sear chicken thighs
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season both sides with a few pinches of salt.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in Brava Chef’s Pan and slide, uncovered, into top oven shelf.
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones bottom, set timer for 12 minutes and press green button to cook for 12 minutes.
- While food cooks, in large mixing bowl toss together red bell peppers, leeks, garlic, corn, thyme, sausage, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, 2 tablespoons smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together 1 tablespoon cooking oil and remaining smoked paprika.
Cook chicken & vegetables
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven. Transfer chicken to bowl with paprika and oil; toss well.
- In Chef’s Pan stir together vegetable mixture, chicken stock and a pinch of salt. Top vegetables with chicken, skin side up, and slide into top oven shelf. Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones bottom, set timer for 2 minutes 30 seconds and press green button to cook for 2:30 minutes.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top oven shelf. Select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 350°F and timer for 1 hour. Press green button again to begin preheating. It’s okay to leave Chef’s Pan in oven while it preheats for this recipe.
- When oven is preheated, press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer chicken, sausages and vegetables to serving platter.
- Spoon sauce on top of chicken and serve.