Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick (¼ lb) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
From Your Pantry
flaky sea salt
stand mixer (optional)
Brava metal tray
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep cookie dough
- Pro Tip: Leave butter and eggs at room temperature for 1 hour before beginning. This will soften butter for easy mixing and ensure more even distribution of eggs in the dough.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and kosher salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment or in large bowl with wooden spoon, combine butter and granulated sugar; mix until creamy and well incorporated.
- Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix well; continue to mix for 30 seconds to thoroughly blend dough.
- Pro Tip: For thicker, chewier cookies, portion dough, cover and let rest in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before baking. For thinner, crispier cookies, bake right away. Portioned cookie dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon dough per cookie. Place 2 cookies 3–4 inches apart in each zone of Brava metal tray (total of 6 cookies).
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with flaky sea salt.
Preheat Brava, then bake cookies
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
Cool cookies & serve
- When your food is done, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool before serving.
- When tray is cool enough to handle, wipe it down. Preheat Brava again to 325°F before baking additional batches of cookies.
- Any leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2–3 days.