Chicory salad and romanesco
About this Recipe
This meal is elegant and down-right delicious. It's something you'll be excited to serve on date night and even for a weeknight dinner. Chef's tip: For the best presentation, wrap the prosciutto tightly around the chicken breasts and place them seam side down on the tray.
1 head romanesco
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each and about 1 inch thick)
2 oz Creminelli prosciutto (4 slices)
1 peeled shallot
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 head radicchio
1 head frisée
1 organic fuji apple
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
640 calories per serving
640 calories per serving
- Cut romanesco florets into 1-inch pieces.
- In medium bowl, toss together romanesco, 2 teaspoons cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread romanesco in Zones 2 & 3 of Brava metal tray.
Wrap chicken in prosciutto
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay 2 prosciutto slices lengthwise on a cutting board, overlapping long edges by about ½ inch. Place 1 chicken breast on prosciutto and wrap it as tightly as possible. Repeat with remaining chicken breast and prosciutto.
- Place chicken in Zone 1 of metal tray. Make sure thickest chicken breast is on left side of Zone 1.
Slide metal tray into top oven shelf
- Select “Prosciutto Chicken” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken breast.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette and salad.
- Finely chop 2 teaspoons shallot. You will have some shallot left over.
- In small bowl, combine chopped shallot, sherry vinegar, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir well.
- Cut radicchio in half lengthwise and remove core. Chop half of radicchio into 1-inch pieces. You will have half of radicchio left over.
- Trim and discard root end and outer green leaves of frisée. Separate remaining frisée into individual leaves.
- Halve apple and remove core; cut apple into ¼-inch slices.
- In medium bowl, toss together radicchio, frisée and apple.
Dress salad & serve
- When your food is done, cut chicken crosswise into slices.
- Add half of vinaigrette to salad, season with salt and pepper and toss. Taste and add more vinaigrette, if desired.
- Arrange chicken, romanesco and salad on individual plates. If desired, drizzle remaining vinaigrette over chicken.