1 bunch scallions, white and green parts separated
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 spears asparagus (2-inch pieces, bottom 2 inches trimmed)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 head Butter lettuce
¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
flaky sea salt (optional)
Brava metal tray
Prep vegetables & chicken
- Thinly slice the scallion white parts, and combine in a bowl with rice wine vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Let stand until ready to serve.
- In medium bowl, toss together asparagus, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread asparagus in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
- In same bowl, toss together green part of scallions, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread scallions in Zone 3 of metal tray.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt.
- Place chicken in Zone 2 of metal tray. Make sure thickest chicken breast is on left side of Zone 2.
Roast vegetables & chicken
- Slide metal tray into top oven shelf.
- Select “Spring Chicken Salad” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken breast.
- While food cooks, prepare pesto.
Make dressing and salad
- Remove the scallion whites from liquid, reserve in small bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise, dijon mustard, 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Tear Butter lettuce into bite size pieces, place in a bowl with scallion whites and radishes.
- Remove Avocado core and skin and cut into 1” pieces, season with salt and pepper and reserve to lay on top of finished salad.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, remove scallions, chop and add to dressing.
- Cut asparagus into 1” pieces, add to contents of Butter lettuce bowl with dressing and divide between 2 plates. Scatter avocado across the top.
- Cut chicken crosswise into slices and place on top of salad.
- If desired, sprinkle chicken with flaky sea salt.