Roasted Tomato Salsa
Jalapeño, cilantro, and lime
Serving Size 6-8
About this Recipe
This salsa is sure to be a crowd pleaser. We char the vegetables, which adds rich, earthy, smoky flavor to this classic Mexican salsa. For fans of milder salsa, remove the seeds from or omit the jalapeño. And for those that like it extra spicy, add a second jalapeño!
2 lbs cored and halved Roma tomatoes
1 peeled and quartered medium yellow onion
4-6 peeled garlic cloves
1 halved jalapeño, stem removed
1 tablespoon kosher salt
¼ ground cumin
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1-2 limes
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
food processor or blender
- In large bowl, toss together tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, 1 tablespoon kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Evenly spread vegetables in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Roasted Tomato Salsa” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Transfer vegetables and juices to food processor or blender.
- Add cilantro and lime juice.
- If you prefer chunky salsa, coarsely chop the salsa with short pulses. If you prefer smooth salsa let the machine run until desired consistency is achieved.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, transfer salsa to bowl and serve.