- 2½ cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1½ cups water
- Rolled oats or cornmeal as needed
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
rubber spatula or wooden spoon
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
Prep bread dough
- In medium bowl, stir together bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and stir until blended.
Let dough rest
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for at least 12 hours or up to 18 hours.
Shape dough; let rise
- Lightly dust work surface with bread flour.
- Transfer dough to work surface. Gently fold dough over onto itself two or three times.
- Shape dough into 10-by-6-inch loaf.
- Generously sprinkle kitchen towel with oats. Place dough, seam side down, on top. Sprinkle top of dough with more oats.
- Let dough rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
Preheat Brava & pan
- About 30 minutes before baking, slide empty Brava Chef’s Pan, covered with lid, into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will add dough after 30 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove empty Chef’s Pan from Brava.
- Remove lid and, using towel, carefully invert dough into Chef’s Pan.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin baking.
- Note: You will remove Chef's Pan lid after 30 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava and remove lid.
- Return Chef’s Pan back into top shelf and press green button to continue.
Cool bread & serve
- When your food is done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava.
- Remove bread from Chef’s Pan and let cool on wire rack, then cut into slices.