- Streusel (optional):
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond flour (or ¼ cup of your favorite chopped nuts, such as pecans, almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- Coffee Cake:
- 1⅓ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1½ cups blackberries (optional)
From Your Pantry
unsalted butter or nonstick cooking spray
stand mixer or mixing bowl and whisk
Brava square pan
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Tree nuts, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Make streusel (optional)
- In medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, hazelnut flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter and, using your fingers, work into flour until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Freeze until ready to use.
Make cake batter
- Over medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Stop mixer and scrape down bowl and beater.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined, then beat in vanilla extract.
- In intervals add flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between flour and sour cream; mix well.
Pour batter into pan
- Lightly butter or spray Brava square pan.
- Add half of batter to square pan. If using, add half of streusel and all the blackberries. Top with remaining cake batter and then streusel.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer pan to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.