- 1 or 2 Double R Ranch Signature hanger steaks (about ¾ lb total and 1 inch thick)
- 1 sweet potato
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 peeled shallot
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ lb baby kale mix
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
470 calories per serving
Prep steak & sweet potato
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season steak on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place steaks in Zone 1 of metal tray.
- If desired, peel sweet potato. Cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In medium bowl, toss together sweet potato, 1 teaspoon cooking oil, chili powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread sweet potato in Zone 3 of metal tray.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Hanger Steak and Sweet Potatoes” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center steak.
- While food cooks, prepare vinaigrette and kale salad.
Make vinaigrette & kale salad
- Finely dice 1 tablespoon shallot. You will have some shallot left over.
- In small bowl, combine shallot, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt; stir well.
- In medium bowl, toss together baby kale mix and pomegranate seeds.
Dress salad & serve
- When your food is done, slice steak across the grain. This will stop the cooking process and maintain your preferred doneness.
- Add half of vinaigrette to salad, season with salt and pepper and toss. Taste and add more vinaigrette, if desired.
- Arrange sweet potato and salad on individual plates. Fan out sliced steak on plates.