- ¾ cup whole wheat couscous
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 6 oz cauliflower florets
- ½ lb diced butternut squash, 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1 oz roasted almonds
- ½ oz fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ oz fresh mint
- ¾ oz currants
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
small saucepan with lid
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Tree nuts, Wheat (Gluten)
- In small saucepan, bring 1 cup water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Immediately add couscous and stir to combine. Cover with tight-fitting lid and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- In medium bowl, stir together smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cooking oil.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Add cauliflower to bowl with paprika oil and toss to coat.
- Evenly spread cauliflower in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
Prep butternut squash
- In same bowl, toss together butternut squash, cumin, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
- Evenly spread squash in Zone 3 of metal tray.
- Cut 4 thin lemon slices (about ½ lemon) and place on top of squash. Save remaining lemon half for salsa verde.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Roasted Vegetables and Couscous” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare salsa verde.
Make salsa verde
- Mince garlic.
- Coarsely chop almonds.
- Remove parsley and mint leaves from stems; finely chop leaves together.
- In small bowl, stir together juice from remaining lemon half, garlic, almonds, parsley, mint, currants, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil and a few pinches of salt.
- When your food is done, fluff couscous with fork.
- Divide couscous between individual plates, then spoon cauliflower and squash on top.
- Spoon salsa verde over vegetables and couscous.
- If desired, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, add a few grindings of pepper and top with roasted lemon slices.