- 1½ cups cake flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Chocolate Frosting:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
From Your Pantry
stand mixer (optional)
Brava muffin tin
paper muffin cups
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten), Milk
Prep cupcake batter
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with wooden spoon, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat or stir until combined, then beat in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternating between flour and buttermilk; mix well.
- Line Brava muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Using rubber spatula, divide batter among cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide muffin tin into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer muffin tin to wire rack and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare frosting.
Make chocolate frosting & frost cupcakes
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and sugar and heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- In medium bowl, combine chocolate and warm cream; allow chocolate to melt. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk butter, 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time, into chocolate mixture, whisking until incorporated before adding more. Let frosting cool until spreadable.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.