- 2 cups warm water (90–100°F)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
From Your Pantry
coarse sea salt
stand mixer or food processor
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Wheat (Gluten)
- In bowl of stand mixer, stir together warm water and yeast. Let stand until yeast has dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Attach dough hook and beat on low speed for 10 minutes.
Shape dough; let rise
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Cup dough with both hands and lightly apply pressure while making circular motions with dough to form into a tight ball.
- Transfer dough ball to lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough stand at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and punch down.
- Shape dough into a tight ball as described above.
- Return dough to oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until doubled in size again, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Using knife, divide dough in half. Return one dough ball to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while baking remaining dough.
- Spread 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil on Brava metal tray. Place remaining dough ball on tray. Using your fingertips, spread dough to fit tray, ensuring height is even across surface.
- Pour 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over dough. Sprinkle half of rosemary and a pinch of coarse sea salt evenly on top. Let stand uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
- When your food is done, remove focaccia from metal tray. Transfer to wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut into slices as desired.
- Let metal tray cool, then shape and bake remaining dough half.