Chicken Chile Verde
with tomatillo salsa
~1 hour 30 minutes
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 cups salsa verde
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Brown chicken thighs
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place thighs skin-side up in Brava Chef’s Pan and slide, uncovered, into top oven shelf.
- Select “Sear” on your oven touchscreen. Select All Zones top, set timer for 12 minutes and press green button to cook for 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven. Add chicken stock and salsa verde. Cover with lid and return to oven.
- Select All Zones bottom, set timer for 5 minutes, and press green button to cook for 5 minutes.
- When timer is done, select “Bake” on your oven touchscreen. Set temperature to 350°F and timer for 1 hour. Press green button to begin preheating. It’s okay to leave Chef’s Pan in oven while it preheats for this recipe.
- When oven is preheated, press green button again to begin baking.
Finish and serve
- When your food is done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from oven.
- Using forks or tongs, gently shred chicken and remove bones. If chicken does not shred easily, return lid and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with side of tortillas, if desired.