Pickled Onions and Herbed Yogurt Sauce
About this Recipe
Loaded with fresh herbs and dried spices, you’re sure to get hooked on this flavor-packed lamb burger. Serve with homemade pickled onions, herbed yogurt sauces, and veggies to make for a perfectly balanced weeknight dinner.
½ red onion, thinly sliced
6 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon raw cane sugar
1 lb ground lamb
½ lb ground pork
3 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ red onion, finely diced
1½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs such as dill, parsley and mint
Mixed greens, sliced tomatoes, and sliced cucumber for serving
From Your Pantry
freshly ground black pepper
Brava metal tray
- In a small bowl add onion, lime juice, salt, and cane sugar. Stir to combine, cover, and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours to soften.
Make lamb burgers
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, pork, mint, dill, parsley, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Gently mix with your hands. Do not overwork the meat.
- Divide mixture into six equal balls, each about ½ inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Place patties in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
Cook lamb burgers
- Slide metal tray into top oven shelf.
- Select “Lamb Burgers” on your oven touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While food cooks, prepare yogurt sauce.
Prep yogurt sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
Finish & serve
- When burgers are done cooking, transfer to a serving plate.
- Top each burger with a generous dollop of herbed yogurt sauce and some pickled onion. Add greens and sliced tomatoes or cucumbers. Serve immediately.