No Stir Risotto
Parmigiano-Reggiano and herbs
1 shallot, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1½ cups Arborio rice
3 cups chicken stock or broth
¾ cup heavy cream
1½ cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme and/or basil)
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava Chef's Pan
stand mixer or mixing bowl and whisk
Combine rice, butter & aromatics
- In Brava Chef’s Pan, stir together shallot, garlic, butter, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and rice, making sure rice is coated with fat.
- Using spatula or back of spoon, press rice mixture in an even layer in Brava Chef’s Pan.
Toast & cook rice
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note:. You will add additional ingredients after 7 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava and stir in chicken stock.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top shelf.
- Press green button to continue cooking.
- While food cooks, make whipped cream.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form (whipped cream should stand straight up on whisk when held upright). Alternatively, in medium bowl, using handheld whisk, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava, uncover and add whipped cream, Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir with spatula until whipped cream is fully incorporated and no white streaks remain, about 1 minute.
- Spoon risotto onto individual plates. Garnish with chopped herbs and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.